Sunday, May 6, 2012

Project Garage: Week 4

Last weekend it was cold (45³-50³) and I wasted most of Saturday looking for 1/4" pegboard. I would have thought that would be fairly common but apparently it isn't. This weekend it was much warmer and I was able to get the 240 run to my compressor done.

Running 4/10 to a finished, insulated wall fuse box wasn't much fun. I had Matty help me pull it though after I got a feed through installed on the top of the box. I didn't need 10 gauge wire, the compressor is only 14 amps but I have it if I ever upgrade to a real compressor.

The drop was 12 feet away in the same insulated wall.

I found a cheap safety disconnect and left enough flex to be able to move the compressor out for maintenance.

I didn't realize how much I used it until I didn't have it to use. Now I need to decide if I am going to run PEX-AL-PEX or black pipe. I don't currently have plans for a huge run probably just a 35 foot single run to the work benches on the other side of the garage.

No comments:

Post a Comment