Friday, November 29, 2013

Black Friday

A couple years ago I bought a Ridgid chop saw and had always planned to get its matching job site table saw the R4510. This saw has rave reviews all over the internet, it also seems to never go on sale.

Last week I was reading some leaked "Black Friday" adds when the HD add showed the R4510 for 399.00 or $100.00 off. I was excited but didn't really believe that the very saw I had been watching for over two years was suddenly going to be that deeply discounted.

Last night I went to HD website and sure enough the saw was listed for 399.00 so I tried to order one. The site would not let me order one at the discounted price only at its normal price, so I got up at 3:30AM and drove over to HD. While it was chilly out the HD crew had brought tables outside and had doughnuts and coffee for everyone waiting for the store to open.

There were probably 20 people in line in front of me and 60+ standing behind me before the doors opened at 5:00AM.


Once inside I rushed past the push carts and ran to the power tool isle, sliding the box containing the saw out from under the shelf where I had seen it in the past. It being the only one there, I was satisfied with getting up so early and standing in line. Even my decision to bypass the push carts had been justified. I was sliding it along the floor down the isle toward the checkout stands when a female clerk stopped me and asked me what I was doing. After I had explained to her she said there was no need for all of that she then pointed 10 feet from where we were and there was literally a stack of 10 of the saws. She went and got a cart for me and helped me load it up.

Not wanting to have the associated sawdust mess in the garage I took the florescent lights I had removed from the garage and installed them in the corner of the basement. This should contain the majority of the sawdust to that area and make it relatively easy to clean up, when I actually clean up.


No comments:

Post a Comment