Sunday, December 29, 2019

Welding Cart Part 1

We went to my moms house for Christmas and on the drive home we stopped in Springfield MO to eat lunch. There was a HF just off the exit so I stopped and picked up some clamps I had seen people on YouTube using for fab tables.These clamps were on sale for $3.19 ea and you simply drill out the rivet at the end and replace the clamp jaw with a solid rod.



Today I got all the paint cleaned off the metal for the base and finished welding it together along
with installing the axles for the rear wheels.



I'm going to use a floor panel from a CRJ for the bottom of the cart and for the welder to sit on.
They are made from honeycomb fiberglass, have inserts already installed and are edge sealed.



Initially I was going to use the file cabinet to set the welder on but it is too flimsy, so I
will build a frame around it and use another floorboard above the file cabinet.

No comments:

Post a Comment