Sunday, August 11, 2013

Flower Bed Part 1 Complete

The flower bed project turned into a much bigger project than I thought it would. I think we used right at 300 blocks and are just finished with the front yard. The last time I posted on it we had not yet started to make the inward curve back to the house, no matter how we placed the blocks I didn't like how they looked without being cut.

I mistakenly thought this wouldn't be that big of a deal and while it wasn't horrible to cut them there was much more cutting than I had imagined. The end result is very good though, we have had at least two couples walking through the neighborhood ask if we were professionals or if we did this for a living. We the speed we accomplished the front yard its a good thing I don't do it for a living.

The first two pictures are some cell phone shots I took two weeks ago after it had rained, the wall is soaked so its much darker than it would normally be.

We still need to bring in some soil to build up the flower bed and then start on the short wall going down the side of the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment